Monday, August 22, 2011

Backwards part 2

It drives me so crazy when I run out of something that I absolutely need, and I can’t find a coupon or a deal. Cat litter. Yeah, not negotiable. If you’re out, that’s just it. So, the day after I made an emergency litter run (that sounds creepy) to Market Basket, I noticed a decent deal on Arm & Hammer (2) 14 lb. boxes for $12 at Rite Aid for the following week. Grrrr. Well, I cashed in on that decent deal anyway, and turned it into a great deal. It goes like this.

My daughter is coming down with a cold ALREADY!!

First transaction:
Zicam, (usually $12.99) on sale at Rite Aid for $8.99. - Used $2Q and $1 previous reward. Gained $4 in Up+ Rewards. Total OOP =$5.99

Second transaction:
Max Freeze Pain Relief, sale $6.99, and 2 Rite Aid 8oz. hand sanitizer sale $1ea. All had equal rewards. - Used $4 in rewards. Total OOP was $4.99. Earned $8.99 in rewards.

Third Transaction:
(2) 14 lb. boxes Arm & Hammer Cat Litter, sale $12. - After $3 in coupons ($1.50 ea.) and $8.99 in previous rewards, I paid one penny. And I have $2 in new rewards.

The moral is, my total OOP was $10.99. That is $1 less than the sale price of the cat litter and everything else was FREE!! That is well over $20 in free stuff for the cat litter I needed anyway, and Jacqueline can have some top notch Zicam instead of “low budget taste like garbage whatever.” I love couponing.

1 comment:

  1. I love this story! We don't have a Rite Aide down here, boo.

    ReplyDelete