Monday, August 15, 2011

Backwards

My friend text me and asked if I had any coupons for ‘5hr. Energy’. I could not find any. I asked her how much money she was preparing to drop on a week’s supply of this stuff.  She said $20. “Well”, I said, “I can take your $20 and turn it into 2 detergents and some female products, as well as the 5hr. Energy. Best I can do. Do you trust me with your 20 bucks?” She gave me the green light.

First trip to Rite Aid: 2 pkg. Carefree liners, 1 box Playtex tampons, (like you wanted to know) 2 Arm and Hammer detergent, after coupons, $9. Up+ rewards earned = $5

Second trip: 2 more Carefree liners, 1 box Veet facial wax strips, and (4) 2 packs of 5hr. Energy (at BOGO half off.) After coupons and rewards Total OOP = $11.
Total Retail- Approx. $45
Total OOP- $20

Long Story short, if she had walked into any store blindly, she might have paid as much as $22 for just the energy shots. (They are approx. $5.50 for a 2 pack.) You have to think outside the box sometimes. Some of these products are a means to an end, and they are things you use anyway. If you are going to part with $20, would you rather have half this list, or the whole thing?

Don’t tell her but I kept a couple things for myself  ;)

1 comment:

  1. How I wish I lived in Concord, I'd give you my $20 in a heartbeat! You did a great job shopping!

    ReplyDelete