Thursday, August 18, 2011

Brand Loyalty?


Are you stuck on the idea that the specific shampoo you use every day, or the detergent, deodorant, toothpaste, razors etc...(you see where I am going with this) that you purchase on a weekly basis, are an ingrained part of your budget, and only when you see a coupon for that specific item, can you MAYBE score?

Let me put it this way. Do you put flavored coffee creamer in your coffee? Is it Coffee Mate brand? Did you pay $3 or more for it? What if I told you I had 4 Bailey’s brand (assorted flavors) in my freezer and one in the fridge? And what if I said they were 50 cents each? Would you switch? This theory applies to EVERYTHING in couponing. Most of the time, the items that are the most expensive, are the easiest to get for next to nothing. But ironically, you have probably been settling for a mediocre product because it was more affordable.

No more. Brand loyalty will hinder your ability to save BIG! If you have allergies to certain things, that is obviously understandable, but otherwise you need to reconsider those preconceived notions of brands that you have used forever. I mean, if something is practically free, wouldn’t you at least try it? I would. I do. ALL THE TIME!

Let me spell it out further. Do you, or your spouse, pay between $15 and $25 for razor refills? Why would you spend that kind of money on say, Schick refills, when you can get a new Gillette system for $1 (2 cartridges with 5 blades)? Or vice versa. Why would you pay $4 every 2 or 3 weeks on the same mediocre shampoo, if you can get a better one for FREE!

This is couponing. No joke. I have the receipts to prove it. For those of you who are new, I do classes once or twice a week. $10 and 2 hours of your life you will never regret spending. But I bet you can think of a movie or two, where you’d like your money and your 2 hours back ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment