Monday, October 10, 2011

Was nearly free worth the last minute trip?



I say yes!!  I have no shame. I will show the world me free underwear score. Go me!! But what was more interesting was the conversation at the register at J.C Penney between myself, the cashier, and the woman in front of me.

I chimed in when they were talking about how easy it is to shop clearance and get deals for less than $5, but if you go to Goodwill or other thrift stores, it seems like the price keeps going up. If anyone has an opinion or theory about this, I would love the conjecture. It is the strangest thing.

I digress. I was cleaning out my kitchen and found a mail coupon that expired tonight for the Victoria’s Secret underwear. Who can say no to a free $8 product? Thank you Vicky!! So I made a last minute decision to print the J.C. Penney coupon and see what was there. Cutest T-Shirt, $3.36. Totally worth the diversion, and less money than a coffee and bagel combo. I’ll make that trade off any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment